Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Kanye, Swift, Leno, and Mommy

In the recent news, youtubers, bloggers, fanatics and such have gone absolutely insane with this fiasco with Taylor Swift and Kanye West at the MTV VMA awards. If you don’t know what happened, watch this informational video first.



Anyways, that’s what happened. Kanye thought Beyonce deserved the award, and got up on stage and told the entire world. Good job bud, now everybody hates you. But besides ruining his career, he also showed up on Jay Leno the next night showing great bravery though some fans and even non fans would disagree. He got onto the Jay Leno stage and the first thought I had was, “he’s going to either avoid all questions about last night, or he’s going to try and justify it. Suprising to me, he accepted that what he did was wrong. Jay Leno asked the simple question: “What would your mom think?”

Watch



You could see the anguish he felt at that very second. He was blindsided by the question and his face looked like his heart had been ripped from his chest. For the first time, I saw more than pride in his emotions. I saw misery and fear. And I feel bad for ever being so consistently mad at him.

“What would your mother think?” I love my mommmy (yes, mommy) so much. I know every basic moral standpoint according to her. She trained me for kindergarten. She trained me for Jr High. She trained me for college classes. She trained me for love. She trained me for respect toward the women in my life. I owe my life to my mom. “What would your mother think?” Do you think that if we all thought that way things would be different? In reality, if I was messing up and someone said “What would Jesus do?” I’d say, “I don’t know… He’s never been in this situation before…” or something along those lines. But if someone came up to me and said, “what would your mother think?” I’d freak out.

Jesus. He’s the one who created my mom. He’s the one who planned out my existence. Mom didn’t even do that. He did. The question that I should be asking isn’t, “what would mom think?”… Or is it? Does my mom, or my dad for that matter, mean more to me than the one who brought the two of them together? Kanye West doesn’t have a Savior. I do. Shouldn’t I be basing my life on Him rather than my mom?

Final thoughts:

Let mom influence me. She’s wise and knows what she’s doing. But Jesus knows what I’m doing. He trumps any mom.

2 comments:

  1. I can see it now...new bracelets for everyone

    WWMT

    Your point is well spoken, my mother is dear to me as well and disappointing her is something I never want to do. She introduced me to and encourages my Walk with God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something i've been thinking about heavily since then. I may actually start marketing these bracelets lol

    ReplyDelete